You are here on this earth to thrive and live your dreams.
The key is to first understand the mechanics of reality and then choose to take charge of your life. This means being aware of your thoughts, words, and actions and consciously choosing language and an attitude that supports your success. And it means putting yourself in a position to receive all the good fortune available to you. Once you prepare yourself and open the floodgates wide, good things will flow into your life.
Here are 21 ways to claim your dreams and your destiny, now.
1. Step Onto Your Path: Follow your heart. Be true to yourself, and ask yourself often what it is you want to be doing, as opposed to what it is you should be doing.
2. Make Balanced Choices: Use your head. But use it wisely. Let there be a mix of logic and heart in all you do.
3. See What’s Possible: Visualize. Call upon the power of your imagination to see your dreams as real, viable, and already a reality.
4. One Step at a Time: Take baby steps. The secret here is that while baby steps may not carry you a long distance, they stir up magic and opportunities along the way.
5. Get Ready for Success: Prepare the way for your inevitable success. Not just for the obvious reasons, but for the optimism, anticipation, and expectation such preparation invokes. This sends a message out into the world that will summon the resources you need to complete your journey.
6. Face Your Fears: Don’t be afraid to go where you’ve never gone. Once you’ve committed and set your course, previously invisible “lions and tigers and bears” will suddenly emerge onto the scene. This is by design—we are lured by our dreams to face our challenges. By doing this we grow and become more of what we are meant to be.
7. Fake It Until You Make It: Splurge, celebrate, and “buy the shoes you have always wanted.” Pretend. Act as if. Indulge to the degree you can. Not only is this fun for obvious reasons, but it helps to re-circuit your thinking into that of “having arrived.”
8. Circulate and Show Up in the World: Get out more. Be a part of the world. Network. Dance life’s dance. Life’s already good. You just have to get out there and see it for yourself.
9. Reclaim Your Power: Cast no blame or fault. Don’t look for someone else to pin your problems on. Accepting responsibility for your life puts you on the fast track to claiming your power.
10. Take Stock of Your Life: Appreciate everything you already have. You’ve done well for yourself, and by seeing this now you’ll not only begin to savor your accomplishments, you’ll also be reminded of your capabilities.
11. Be the Change: Give thanks for everything you will one day have, as if it is already yours. It’s well-established by mainstream science that the mind helps us create what we want in life by visualizing and imagining it already exists.
12. Give It to Yourself: Love who you already are. Even if you seek to understand your weaknesses, seek and value your strengths. See what’s already good; let your confidence be bolstered.
13. Judge Not: Don’t judge your progress with your physical senses alone. The mechanics of making dreams come true, exist far beyond what we can physically detect, so just because you can’t see the serendipities, coincidences, and people being lined up, doesn’t mean they’re not!
14. Lend a Hand: Help others to achieve their dreams. Lending a hand to others is both a good deed and a way to stay connected to the actions involved with success. Also, it gets you out, thinking, moving and grooving, making friends and having fun.
15. The Greatest Secret of Happiness: Learn to be happy before your dreams come true. There will always be things you want in your life that you do not yet have. The trick, then, is seeing this and learning to be happy “in the pursuit,” rather than indefinitely putting it off.
16. Tune In to You: Honor your preferences. You are one-of-a-kind, and so are the things that thrill you. What makes one person happy may have little to do with what makes another happy. Tune into what you like, and be unaffected with what others prefer for themselves—or what others prefer for you.
17. Keep Your Door Open: It is literally impossible to know where your next great break will come from or to predict the new “partner” who will be your greatest helper and ally, yet they will come and they do exist. If you believe success can only come through a specific path or person, you will unwittingly eliminate all other possibilities.
18. Be Playful and Practice Success: Practice becoming who you are meant to be. Speak among your very closest friends as if you’ve already “been there, done that.” Thoughts become things.
19. Focus on What is Most Important: Don’t get stuck on unimportant details or trying to control the way success comes your way. Visualizing your dreams coming true is an important tool for creating a new reality, but trying to control every detail of your dream come true will drive you crazy.
20. Be Your Own Best Friend: Be gentle on yourself. Friends coach, care, and inspire. Enemies detract, destabilize, and set back. Happily, you get to choose which you’ll be to yourself.
21. Go! Live your dreams today to any degree that you can. Nothing shouts out louder to the world (and to yourself), “Here I come, ready or not!” than the conscious decision to begin joyfully living, here and now.
Be a part of the tour that’s been delivered to over 10,000 people on 6 continents, 15 countries, and 60 cities! Join Mike Dooley in Miami on June 4th and Tampa on June 5th as he presents his World Tour III Workshop, “Playing the Matrix and Getting What You (Really) Want.” “The Matrix” reveals the interconnectedness of all your dreams and how they flow together, and when understood it will ultimately help you bring about your greatest happiness and fastest life changes. Come and gain new insights and tools to begin creating the life you’ve always dreamed would be yours! Sign up at: http://www.tut.com/shop/home.php?cat=10
An international tax accountant turned entrepreneur turned writer for “The Universe,” Mike Dooley lives in Orlando, Florida, where he runs TUT’s Adventurers Club, a philosophical club for the adventure of life, and sends his “Notes from the Universe” to over 375,000 subscribers each weekday. As the New York Times bestselling author of Infinite Possibilities and a featured teacher in The Secret book and DVD, Mike is actively using the concepts and principles he expounds upon to travel the world, speaking on life, dreams, and happiness. For more on Mike, visit his website at www.tut.com.