By Theodora M. Focht
I can remember the day I called my mother and told her I was an Indigo Empath. She asked, “What is that, and can they give you a pill for it.”
“No, why would they? I am not sick.”
“Then what is wrong with you? Why are you so moody all time? Are you sure it is not your hormones.”
“No mom, it is not hormones, depression, anxiety, bipolar, or AADH. An Indigo Empath is a person born with a sixth sense that unknowingly enables them to absorb everyone’s feelings and pain. Mom, I am not defective. I was born this way. It is in my DNA.”
“What happened? Was there something I should have looked for when you were growing up?”
Intuitive children were not really known back then, especially growing up in Sayre, PA. My name is Theodora (Teddie) Focht, and this me trying to have a phone conversation with my 79-year-old Ukrainian Catholic mother to tell her she gave birth to an Indigo Empath, which was like telling her she gave birth to an alien.
I have an amazing metaphysical awakening story to share with you. I am 49 years old, have healing abilities, and each day my intuitive gifts get stronger.
As Teddie sips her coffee, she can remember the day like it was yesterday—when her whole life and world turned 180 degrees. Teddie was home on the couch blowing her nose like there was no tomorrow. It was November 14, 2011, and she had called in sick from work that day with a very bad cold and was watching a TV show on the Biography Channel. The program was about psychic kids, and they were doing a segment on Crystal and Indigo Children. Teddie took time from her nose blowing, especially when they were talking about Indigo Children.
She had never heard of an Indigo Child before this very moment and was extremely interested because it was HER they were describing. Teddie was stunned. She was a Star Child! A child of the future.
One of the Indigo’s characteristics is the burning desire to know “why.” Like a bloodhound on the scent of a coon, Teddie grabbed her computer and “Googled” away on Indigos and Crystals. Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow! Here we go:
• Are intelligent (though did not necessarily have top grades).
• Are very creative and enjoy making things.
• Always need to know why (especially why they are being asked to do something).
• Had disgust and perhaps loathing for the inanity of much of the required work in school, the repetition.
• Were rebellious in school, refusing to do homework, rejecting authority of teachers or seriously wanted to rebel, but didn’t dare, usually due to parental pressure.
• May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
• Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs—resistance to authority and caste system of employment.
• Prefer cooperative efforts or leadership position or solo if expertise is valued.
• Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
• Extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) – to no expression of emotion (full shielding).
• May have trouble with rage.
• Have trouble with most systems (emotionally, mentally, or physically) political, educational, medical, law.
• Alienation from politics—feeling your voice won’t count and that the outcome really doesn’t matter anyway.
• Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream—9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence.
• Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at “Big Brother watching you.”
• They feel a need like a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do.
• Have psychic or spiritual interest fairly young—in or before teen years.
• Had few if any Indigo role models.
• Have strong intuition.
• Random behavior pattern or mind style—(symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder), may have trouble focusing on a task unless of own choosing, may jump around in conversations.
• Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, hearing voices.
• Sexually expressive and inventive or may reject sexuality in boredom. May explore alternate types of sexuality.
• Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world. May seek this through religion, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups or books, or individually.
• If they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy light workers.
Once Teddie looked over the Indigo characteristics, she started to “Google” again and found an online test called, “Are You an Indigo?” Me, Me, All the Way, Me, Me! Not crazy! PRINT!!!!!!!!!
Teddie knew she would be having a heart-to-heart talk with her therapist when they met again. As she went through her purse to find her appointment card, she thought, “What is her therapist going to think of her because she really is an Intuitive Person and not someone with peri-menopause symptoms, AADH, bipolar disorder or depression.”
With Teddie’s appointment being in a couple of days, she felt for the first time in her life that she was right.
On the day of the appointment, she made sure she took her Indigo Child and Adult Characteristic information with her. As Teddie sat in the waiting room, she was thinking, “I feel so alive and happy, and I want to share it with the world! But what if I am wrong? I am always wrong and jumping to conclusions, especially when it comes to my mother and sisters. Try and keep a straight face.”
When Teddie’s therapist came out of her office and called her name, she almost wanted to come out of her skin because she has so much to talk about. Someone actually wants to go to their therapist appointment, Hmmm, is that odd?
As they went through a list of Teddie’s medications, and Teddie confirmed each one, the therapist asked her if there is anything new to add and what has been going on since they last talked. Teddie told her tale about seeing the Crystal and Indigo Child episode on the Biography Channel, and then she asked her therapist if she has ever heard of a Crystal or Indigo Child or Adult. The therapist said she had not, “Why do you ask?”
“I think I am one!”
“Tell me more.”
Teddie began talking, reached into her pocketbook and pulled out copies of the information she found online. The 45-minute session seemed to fly by, and the therapist seemed to think Teddie did exhibit many of the patterns. The therapist made an appointment with Teddie for the following week, and in the interim talked to her supervisor because the idea of working with a “gifted” person was new ground for her.
Teddie continued to meet with her therapist and remained on the lookout for more information on Indigo Children and Adults. There was no doubt Teddie was an Indigo from birth, but her Intuitive gifts were never discovered until her adulthood. As Teddie worked toward bringing her intuitive gifts forward she felt like she truly was born again and her old life was gone. It was time to make room for the amazing Indigo Empath with healing abilities who had been waiting to bloom for so many years!
My we all find our gifts and never feel as if we are too old to continue looking.
Theodora (Teddie) Focht was born in a very small town in Sayre, PA, and settled in Charleston, WV, were she pursues a career as a Respiratory Therapist at Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC). She received a BS in Respiratory Care and, with determination, she taught Respiratory Care at the University of Charleston and continued to advance. Teddie has a gift with patients, and she developed a Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program and Asthma Management Program for Children. In a life-altering event, Teddie later found out that she had a Spiritual Guide who told her she had a gift, and it was time to wake up from the nightmare and be who she really was, an Indigo Empath with a very rare gift. Email Teddie at firstname.lastname@example.org.